How to get started with Cloudways: You decided you would like to start your blogging trip; however, it looks complicated to you?
Do not know where to start? You feel dazed and confused by all the different tools and available options to you? I wish to present you with a better hosting solution, which only takes an advance investment, will only cost you $10 per month, and you can cancel anytime.
Cloudways is among the top providers of the cloud. What’s cloud hosting? It is pretty much exactly what it looks like – hosting through the “clouds.” A massive number of real-time servers work together as one system to provide secure and stable hosting for servers. This means higher performance with less downtime in a cost that is lower and with even increased web.
To begin with, Cloudways isn’t a One hosting agency, which creates one minor complication: You should get your domain elsewhere. Domains can be purchased on sites like GoDaddy or others, and are usually purchased for costs between $5 – $30 each year. I recommend you to buy from Dynadot, which offers FREE Privacy Protection for each domain for Lifetime.
Second of all, Cloudways uses cloud hosting providers such as Digital Ocean, Vultr, or Amazon Webservices to sponsor websites. However, you get dedicated resources to your account based upon what you choose for your blog.
So, let’s begin
How to get started with Cloudways
- Login the Cloudways Platform with your credentials, and after that, navigate to the Servers tab from the top menu bar.
- In case you’ve not launched any server yet so you’ll see a screen as an image shown below so you might click the LAUNCH button to start your very first Server.
- In case you have an existing server operating, and you would like to start another server, you want to set up a brand new application. Login the Cloudways Platform with your credentials, and after that, navigate to the Servers tab from the top menu bar and Click ADD SERVER button in the upper right corner. You need to pick your desired application, cloud provider, and server size based on your needs.
After setting up your Server, let’s move to add our first application. Please follow the steps below:
- First, select the desired application from their vast pool of applications.
- Examine your monthly estimated price and click START NOW to get started.
- What’s more, if you’ve selected AWS or GCE as your Cloud provider, you too will need to choose Bandwidth and Storage limitation.
Once done, your application will be deployed in the Server within a couple of minutes.
You can view your application by clicking the WWW button, as shown in the image below.
How to Add Custom Domain in Cloudways
- Login in to your Domain Registrar.
- To go DNS settings page.
- Add “A” record points to your Application/Server IP address provided by Cloudways.
- You can see your IP Address in your application.
You’re in a 14 day trial on Cloudways. You’ve not entered your credit card information, so once your two weeks are up, you may lose your Server. To prevent this from happening, you want to enter your credit card data.
Cloudways only charge after your very first month of paid membership – after your 14-day trial end and following your $15 hosting credits, you can utilize after entering your debit/credit card details.
Once you Enter your debit/credit card details, your 14-day trial converts to a 30-day trial.
Starting a blog means you’ve to do something. It isn’t just hosting, but there are other steps you’ve to take. And in case you have some questions regarding Cloudways WordPress cloud hosting, their features or our experience in using it leave us a question in the comments below. Or share your own Cloudways experience.